Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Do’s and Don’ts in Wearing Your Jewelry


I’m sure having a lot of jewelry can be fun. But it can also be confusing, especially when it’s time to pick out your outfits for the day. Although I enjoy having a big closet, it’s not fun when the fashion police next door mocks me just because I look like a huge potato. This is why I had to learn control when it comes to wearing my jewelry. Do you also need help when it comes to picking out your jewelry? Here are a few tips to avoid over-doing your outfit:

fashion jewelry

One, never wear too much accessories with one outfit. It’s like wearing jewelry on all your clothes on a stormy, winter day. It exaggerates your outfit and it makes your outfit look cheap. Not only that, if you wear too much accessories, people will think that you look like a bad costume. Unfortunately, yes, that can happen. This is a practice only acceptable on Halloween, by the way.

wrist watch

Two, only choose the right accessories for your outfit. Don’t just wear any designer fashion jewelry because it looks good. Instead, you need to base your accessories on what you’re wearing. For example, there was a time when I wore a nice dress with a pretty neckline, one that had knitted details along my lower neck. When it came to accessorizing, I chose not to wear a necklace anymore, because the knitted details were enough to emphasize my neck. I did wear a nice bracelet, though.
Jewelry Trends

Three, avoid wearing big, bold colors of jewelry on any formal wear. For some reason, if you choose to do this, your outfit will either turn out to look casual, or you start looking cheap, especially to other people in the same event.
fashion 2012

Four, never dress in the dark. Even if you’re in a rush, don’t just pull out jewelry sets from your collection and run out the door. Take it from me, when this happens, your jewelry almost always tends to turn out to clash your current outfit. Always make it a point to check the mirror before heading out the door and choose your colors carefully, in order to match your current outfit.

Since I have a lot of fashion events to go to, I make it a point to double check my outfit and jewelry before leaving the house. As you all know, making a negative mark on the fashion police is a no-no for me, so I’m always out to impress. If you have the same goals that I do, which I’m sure you do, then these tips can help you become a staple in the best-dressed department.

How about you, fashionista? Are there any other tips you have for wearing jewelry?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops